Weekly Dev Log - 2022-W16/W17 (Post-Vacation Edition)
I'm back from vacation, and feeling eager to get back into Fornjot! Despite my vacation, the last two weeks were not entirely uneventful. I picked off some smaller issues, and @freylint started contributing by updating some API documentation.
Fornjot is supported by @webtrax-oz, @lthiery, @Yatekii, @martindederer, @hobofan, @ahdinosaur, @thawkins, and my other awesome sponsors. Thank you!
If you're interested in helping to make the project sustainable long-term, please consider supporting me too.
Improvements to Fornjot and its documentation that are visible to end-users.
- Fix circles not being rotatable (#493)
- Fix word in doc comment (#502)
- Make rotation work without a focus point (#503)
- Support sweeping in arbitrary directions (#505)
Improvements to the Fornjot ecosystem that are relevant to developers who are building on top of Fornjot components.
- Clean up approximation code (#496)
Improvements that are relevant to developers working on Fornjot itself.
- Update dependencies (#488, #489, #499, #500)
- Remove unused C header files (#495)
- Ignore more IDE configuration (#498; thanks to @freylint!)
- Add names for all CI build steps (#507)
Issue of the Week
API documentation is important, but ours contains some unnecessary mistakes. If you're interested in helping out, why not take a look at #271 - Check documentation in CI build? This will help improve the quality of our documentation.
After taking a look at some smaller things that have accumulated over the last two weeks, my next focus is going to be a new release. I've waited way too long, so this will require a release announcement of epic proportions. Other than that, I hope that it won't be too much of an issue.